In this article, we are taking a look at the duties God gave to man in the Garden of Eden and has served as convention for all men for all generation to come.
- Genesis 2:7-8 “Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. The LORD God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden; and there He placed the man whom He had formed”. The word “Eden” is a Hebrew word for “where God dwells”, so the first thing God gave man was “His Presence”. So the first thing a man needs is NOT a woman; it is the presence of God, and a woman should meet him in the presence of God. Eve met Adam in Eden.
- The next thing God gave man after putting him in the Garden was WORK. The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it (Gen. 2:15).
- The FIRST WORK God gave man was; The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it … (Gen. 2:15). The word “work” here means cultivate, develop, educate; bring out the best in everything, to maximize the potentials of everything and everyone around you; to make everything fruitful. And God only said that to the male. As a man your job is to take the raw material and develop it into something fruitful.
The woman you are looking for doesn’t exist; she’s your dream woman. You WILL NOT meet your wife well defined. It is your duty to develop her into the woman you want. So whatever you cultivate her into, it’s what you have. The male was created by God to create whatever he wants.
If your wife is putting a little weight and you don’t like that, don’t criticize her; it’s your duty to take care of her not be become obese.
You don’t like the way she dresses, man, it’s your duty to teach her to dress or help her attend a fashion institution to learn how to dress. If she cannot speak good English, send her to school and pay her tuition fee.
- The SECOND WORK God said to man was; “The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to take care of it” (Gen. 2:15). The man has to be the protector of everything under his care. That’s why God gave you a stronger bone frame. A bigger muscle mass, not to abuse the woman, but to protect the woman.
God gave man work before giving him a woman. That means a man needs a job before he gets a woman. God’s priorities are very clear.
- The next thing God gave man was HIS Word, “And the LordGod commanded the man, saying, “You may surely eat of every tree of the garden, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die”. God told man not to touch the tree; God never told the woman about the tree. Which means it was the man who received the word of God and his job was to teach his wife the word of God (Genesis 18:19). That is why most women look out for a word from their husband before acting on a matter.
Lastly and the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him”. What man did God made mention of? The man who is:
- In his presence
- Has a job (working)
- Can Cultivate
- Can protect
- Can teach
Now let us note The LORD God did not go straight to give man a woman, before giving him the ABOVE DUTIES. Some men do not complete these duties but rush to look for a wife. The assignment from God to man must be accomplished sequentially and not randomly. And so we have some men who are married, but they are not complete. Because they have shortcut the procedure.
So this is it, marriage is the last command The LORD God gave man. Marriage is a necessity, but there are more necessary things man must take a look at. If you are woman and you meet a man who doesn’t like God’s presence, isn’t working, can’t cultivate you, can’t protect you and can’t teach you, then it is good for that man to be alone.